Tuesday 22 October 2013

Journey Through Iranian Cinema with Mark Cousins


Last year I made a documentary about Iranian cinema through the refreshing eyes of Mark Cousins. A Journey Through Iranian Cinema with Mark Cousins is a small road movie about Iranian cinema and Mark's multiple journeys to my country that thanks to my good friend Mehrnaz Saeed-Vafa (and John Sinno of Typecast Films) was distributed in North America and recently was shown in two film festivals in Canada (Toronto) and the US (my favorite unvisited city, New Orleans).

Now the good news is that the film will be screened at the University of London's SOAS, on the last day of October, followed by a Q&A with me and Mark (on Skype from Scotland). I'm shy, moody and not a good talker, but I'm sure Mark has many stories to tell from his various trips to Iran and his interviews and films with and about filmmakers such as Abbas Kiarostami, Jafar Panahi, Mohsen and Samira Makhmalbaf and many more.

You would find more information on SOAS' website.

Hope to see you there!

Ehsan



Date: 31 October 2013
Time: 7:00 PM
Venue: Russell Square, College Buildings Room: DLT (G2)

Contact email: vp6@soas.ac.uk
Contact Tel: 020 7898 4330 / 4490

No comments:

Post a Comment